Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer Program
The Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer provides a fast, accurate, and most importantly,
nondestructive method to test the purity and chemistry of all precious metals. The Niton XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer
quickly detects gold plating and counterfeit gold and gives you the exact elemental composition of jewelry and coins so you
can be absolutely certain of the value of the precious metals you buy and sell.
The Niton XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer delivers accurate analysis in just seconds in an easy-to-use,
robust and reliable package. Measure the content of all gold and precious metals with no need to manually
change your calibration based on the metal you're analyzing—e.g., gold (Au), silver (Ag), platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd).
- Easier, faster and more accurate than nitric acid test methods.
- Faster, more comprehensive analysis than fire assay with comparable accuracy.
- Efficiently identify most gold-plated items with Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ gold-plating detection technology.
- Precisely determine the presence and concentration of other trace alloying elements and dangerous heavy.
- Standard analytical range: >25 elements from S to U (varies by application).
- Point and shoot simplicity—very easy to use even by nontechnical personnel.
- Ideally suited for retail environments.
- Nondestructive analysis with near-instantaneous results.
- Ergonomic design.
Data Storage Internal >10,000 readings with spectra
Data Transfer USB, Bluetooth and RS-232 serial communication
Detector Type High-performance semiconductor
Display Type Fixed angle, color, touch-screen display
Dimensions 10.25 x 11 x 4 in. (256 x 275 x 100 mm)
(L x W x H)
Security Features Password-protected user security
Tube Type Ag anode 45 kV maximum, 80µA maximum
Weight (English) 3.0 lb., 5.8 oz.
System Electronics 400 MHz ARM 11 CPU, 300 MHz dedicated DSP, 80 MHz ASICS DSP for signal processing
Data Entry Touch-screen keyboard, user-programmable pick lists, optional wireless remote barcode reader